Do you have a passion for driving business results through technology enabled solutions? Do you possess the magical ability to speak both tech and operations? Are you passionate about data and software engineering? If so, we should talk!
We are technology experts who build and deliver high-quality and innovative solutions that help our clients to be successful and change the way people interact with Asurion data. Your job will be to build analytical capabilities through data management principles to drive growth, efficiencies, and automation. Your passion for technology, attention to detail, and love of data will keep those initiatives on track and ensure that the systems are accurate and stable. Your drive to broaden your own exposure to other functions and influence thinking will be key to your success. This position works with key stakeholders to help drive improvements throughout Enterprise Data Services in partnership with other product, business, and analytics teams.
- Utilize technical and industry knowledge to drive multiple data projects across different analytics platforms & data domains
- Identify, analyze, evaluate, and develop data products
- Design and build the data infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and leadership to identify and evaluate opportunities, issues, and trends to drive results throughout the organization
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members to help drive decisions across business
- Partner with analysts leveraging engineering skill and data knowledge to provide input on feasibility of requirements
- Responsible for the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, and validity of all data
- Formulates, implements, and enforces proper data collection policies and procedures
- Assists with troubleshooting and driving quality and stability of our production solutions
- Acts as a mentor to lead peers in a project and present outcomes to management
- Strong sense of drive, ability to solve problems, and think analytically
- Strong attention to detail with through knowledge of SDLC concepts and overall software engineering process.
- Strong organizational skills, self-motivated, able to multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Strong understanding of SQL concepts such as stored procedures, query optimization, performance tuning, execution plans, etc.
- Able to design, model, and deliver data products to meet business need
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- Experience with the following tools preferred:Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Redshift, Aurora, and DynamoDB
- ETL Tools: Talend, SSIS, Informatica
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Go, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Big data tools: Hadoop, Spark/databricks, Kafka, Presto etc.
- AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS
- Jenkins, Bamboo or other CI tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field
To apply for this job please visit careers.asurion.com.