Purpose of role
Dyson solves the problems others choose to ignore, developing disruptive technologies requiring even more complex electronics to deliver an increasing product portfolio. We are growing fast, and our ambition is boundless – more products, more locations, and more people.
The Lead Electronics Engineer role involves specification, design, and test of the electronic circuits for new and pioneering consumer appliance products within Dyson’s Haircare category. As a member of the RDD Global Hardware – Haircare Electronics Team based in PAM, you will work in multi-disciplinary global project teams to define architect and deliver the electronics for Haircare products. You may also be working with Dyson’s Research in SG/UK and New Product Innovation teams to investigate and develop novel electronics to support and realise new product ideas.
The role will require a highly motivated, creative, methodical, and flexible person, ready to take on challenges with a pragmatic approach. You will lead a team of Electronics Engineers in development projects and provide supervision and mentoring to graduates and new team members.
- Lead a team of Electronics Engineers to develop and deliver integrated electronics solutions to project timelines.
- Lead design reviews, technical risk analysis, and investigations to proactively solve complex problems.
- Ensure design solutions meet product specifications and functional requirements (performance, reliability, DFM, cost and compliance with international regulatory standards e.g. IEC, UL and EMC)
- Provide technical coaching and design guidance to junior Engineers.
- Liaise and collaborate with various Dyson engineering teams (Mechanical, Compliance, Software, Manufacturing, Test, etc) across the UK and South East Asia to ensure product and system requirements are satisfied, and drive product development through to production.
- Develop power electronics, analogue/digital, and microcontroller-based electronic circuits for new Dyson Haircare products, including circuit design, analysis, review, troubleshooting, verification, and validation.
- Produce detailed engineering materials including design schematics, PCB layouts, tolerance analysis, design notes, FMEA, failure analysis reports, and technical review documents.
- Contribute towards electronics development process improvement activities.
As a Lead Electronics Engineer, you will be an experienced design engineer and capable of working unsupervised to deliver high quality design solutions. Preferably you will have experience of the whole product development lifecycle, from initial concept through to mass production and product sustainability.
- Degree qualified in a relevant electronics discipline.
- At least minimum 5 years’ experience, preferably in design knowledge and experience in major aspect of Electronics: Power Electronics, Motor Drive, Battery Management, Analogue, Digital and Sensing technology.
Working knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout software such as Mentor Graphics.
- Experience using simulation tools to support design calculations, tolerance analysis, and documentation.
- Experience of electronics development through multiple product development cycles.
- Experience of DFM, DFX, and DFMEA.
- Knowledge of home appliance safety requirements and regulatory certification at PCBA and product levels, including EMC compliance.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to independently deliver high quality results within challenging project timelines.
- Highly motivated and self-driven with good communication skills.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
To apply for this job please visit careers.dyson.com.