Duties of the Safety officer
The principal function of the safety officer is to act as the employer’s principal assistant and consultant in the application of program to remove the hazards from the workplace and to correct unsafe work practices
(1) Serves as Secretary to the Health and Safety Committee. As such, he/she shall:
prepare minutes of meetings
report status of recommendations made;
notify members of the meetings and
Submit to the employer a report of the facilities of the committee, including recommendations made.
(2) Acts in a advisory capacity on all matters pertaining to health and safety for the guidance of the employer and the workers.
(3) Conducts investigation of accidents as member of the Health and Safety Committee and submits his separate report and analysis of accidents to the employer.
(4) Coordinates all health and safety training programs for the employees and employer.
(5) Conducts health and safety inspection as member of the committee.
(6) Maintains or helps in the maintenance of an efficient accident record system and coordinates actions taken by supervisors to eliminate accident causes.
(7) Provides assistance to government agencies in the conduct of safety and health inspection, accident investigation or any other related programs.
(8) For purposes of effectiveness in a workplace where full time safety officer is required , he/she shall report directly to the employer.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s/College Degree , Post Graduate Diploma / Master’s Degree, Professional License (Passed Board/Bar/Professional License Exam), Post Graduate Diploma / Master’s Degree, any field.
- At least 1 year(s) of working experience as Safety Officer in a BPO setting or related field is required for this position.
- Preferably 1-4 Yrs Experienced Employees specializing in Engineering – Environmental/Health/Safety or equivalent.
- Willing to work on shifting/ graveyard schedule
- MUST be BOSH Certified ( 80 Hours of training)
- Willing to work and be assigned in Tagbilaran, Bohol.
To apply for this job please visit phcareers-ibex.icims.com.