The Business Operations Manager (BOM) role is focused on ensuring that WW Managed Print Services (MPS) processes are executed in accordance with Lexmark’s capabilities and contractual obligations to its customers as defined by the Customer Statement of Work (SOW). The Business Operations Manager (BOM) is responsible for understanding Lexmark’s global processes and systems in great detail and function as the “Subject Matter Expert” in the back office support for operational practices. The Business Operations Manager (BOM) works closely with the GEO operations teams, Shared Services Centre, WW Operations teams, and other cross functional Lexmark resources to execute defined services, and ensure accurate & timely contract setup, and ongoing contract management oversight and governance. Duties include managing day to day contract execution, escalation management, generating or providing customer reports and providing input and recommendations for ensuring global alignment to operational practices and customer contractual requirements.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide on request consultation/guidance to Lexmark pre-sales team on capabilities and services and assures compliance with Lexmark strategies and processes
- Responsible for contractual interpretation and management of customer requirements as defined in a Managed Services Statement of Work, including ongoing contract maintenance/change management
- Coordinate implementation of customer setup requirements with Customer Operations and back office teams
- Monitor/audit process execution for compliance of Lexmark’s contractual obligations to its customers within set schedule.
- Direct interaction with various cross functional teams as needed to provide resolution support & analysis for concerns regarding consumables, entitlement, billing, and other general account issues
- Support WW system and/or process changes, participate in continuous improvement activities/projects, test end to end process improvements/changes and training as needed under BOM SME support & guidance.
- Provide visibility & confidence to other Country Operations team that expected customer service (Lexmark back office activity) is delivered according to contract and under control
- Work closely with and gain functional guidance from the different Operations Control Towers Mgrs in Countries, to ensure country specifics are met and overall country operations are delivered under SOW quality & SLA expectations.
- Coordinate and drive Billing Issues resolution with our back office teams.
- Monitor Monthly and Quarterly Account Invoice Completion.
- Could eventually develop into a Global Lead BOM / Geo Lead BOM
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
Competencies can be thought of as characteristics, traits, knowledge, or patterns of behavior. The following competencies are highly desired for this position. The individual should be effective in the majority of these competencies, and enthusiastic about proactively developing the remaining competencies.
- Enjoys working hard
- Is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging
- Not fearful of acting with a minimum of direction
- Seizes more opportunities than others
- Enjoys and thrives on solving complex problems and issues
- Can readily identify process issues that need to be brought to attention for corrective actions
- Seeks to understand all relevant issues before recommending a solution
- Knows how to work with other functions/areas to bridge any “silo effects” that result in large disperse operations
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Acts with customers in mind
- Understands the importance of back office processes, and how the execution of such directly impacts our Customers
- Picks up on technical things quickly
- Can learn new skills and knowledge
- Is good at learning new product or technical knowledge
- Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish
- Seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
Learning on the Fly
- Learns quickly when facing new problems
- A relentless and versatile learner
- Open to change
- Analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement
- Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all
- Can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups
- Is seen as a team player and is cooperative
- Easily gains trust and support of peers
- Encourages collaboration
- Can be candid with peers
- Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
- Can get messages across that have the desired effect
- Has experience in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, and management
- Commands attention and can manage group dynamics during the presentation
- Can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working
- Ability to see functions in terms of detailed – often inter-related – processes
- Understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow
- Knows how to organize activities
- Can understand a process enough to know what to measure (e.g., KPI’s) and how to measure them
- Can see opportunities for synergy and integration
- Can simplify complex processes
- Comes up with new and unique ideas
- Easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions
- Tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming
To apply for this job please visit www.lexmark.com.