Littelfuse is one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Companies (Forbes) and has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois (Best Companies Group) for 11 consecutive years. With its global headquarters in Chicago, Illinois, USA, Littelfuse is a leading, global manufacturer of electronic components serving more than 100,000 end customers across industrial, transportation, and electronics end markets. We have more than 17,000 employees with operations in 15 countries. From semiconductors to sensors… switches to fuses and more… we produce billions of electronic components that help our customers empower a sustainable, connected, and safer world. In 2021, Littelfuse had net sales of $2.1 billion.
Business Intelligence Analyst
The primary purpose of this job is to support the sales reporting and analytic needs of the organization. This position will not only be responsible for generating and analyzing sales related data, but also creating and developing the queries, reports, dashboards, and visualizations in support of this activity. Responsibilities include translating business requirements into functional specifications, designing/developing Power BI reports, ETL activities, and training end users as required.
About the job:
- Analytics (75%): Responsible for all aspects of Power BI report development, maintenance, and deployment. Need to be able to understand and interpret business needs/requirements and translate these into the appropriate functional specifications and Power BI dashboards/visualizations.
- Act as project lead for each dashboard:
– Work with business owners to document needs/outline requirements
– Identify data elements and source systems, working closely with IT on data sets
– Design prototypes/develop necessary dashboards/visualizations
– Perform initial data validation
– Be extensively familiar with data modeling and various aspects of the data pipeline
- Analytics (15%): Prepare and generate ad hoc sales reports from a BW / Microsoft Power BI environment in an effort to support the sales reporting and analytic needs of the organization. Individual will not only generate the data but will also be responsible for the validation and analysis of the information. (15%)
- Special Project (includes but not limited to) (5%):
– Name Cleansing and Data Visualization Tools
– Training team members on Microsoft Power BI
– Create thorough documentation for reports and processes
– Process improvement
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor or university degree
- Experience: Experience developing dashboards/visualizations (1 – 2 years preferred in a Microsoft Power BI environment)
- Project Management experience preferred.
- Must be analytical and detail oriented – High standards of accuracy and review is critical
- Strong MS Office skills required (Excel/Access)
- Ability to communicate with a variety of functions and users
- Strong ability to learn and apply new concepts
- Ability to manage projects autonomously and be a self-starter.
- Fluent in data modeling concepts
Littelfuse strives to empower associate growth and development in a culture of ongoing collaboration and respect for diverse global perspectives and expertise. Our Core Values – Customer Focus, Integrity, Innovation, Teamwork, and Results Driven – support us on our mission to improve the safety, reliability, efficiency, and performance of our customers’ products and systems.
We are an equal opportunity employer that takes pride in giving every associate the means and courage to make a difference – everywhere, every day.
We offer a competitive salary package and a variety of benefits, including Medical, Life, Disability, and Retirement benefits as well as development opportunities like internal Lean Six Sigma Certification.
To apply for this job please visit littelfuse.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.