Maxeon Solar Technologies is a global leader in solar innovation. Built from 35 years of boundary-pushing solar innovation, Maxeon designs, manufactures, and sells industry-leading SunPower branded solar products. Maxeon is Powering Positive Change every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 5,000 people globally.
We push the boundaries, taking solar technology higher, faster, and farther than before.
We hold ourselves to a higher standard, striving for the highest integrity, safety, and quality.
We thrive together as a global team, embracing our diverse backgrounds to make a positive impact on the world.
Join us in POWERING POSITIVE CHANGE™
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
Maxeon is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer who will be directly responsible to support quality assurance strategy and process control requirements for Cell Fabrication. The Manufacturing Quality Assurance Engineer reports to the Manufacturing Quality Manager and with primary responsibilities of planning, implementing, and managing compliance of manufacturing and production processes with internal and external safety, quality, and regulatory standards requirements for worldwide distribution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Supports quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; drives and generates action plans to support quality metrics;
- Represents quality assurance team to different groups through attending regular meetings set to ensure that issues are corrected and continuous improvement are achieved; these meetings maybe, but is not limited to, QA Staff meeting; Cluster meetings (SPS); Engineering Change Team reviews, 8D meetings, MRB meetings, etc;
- Drives the improvement of laboratory metrics (cycle time, percent loading, etc) that results to on-time delivery and customer satisfaction. Drives lab housekeeping efforts including overall lab safety.
- Works with the QA and Engineering team to ensure alignment in equipment calibration and PM schedules. This includes both internal and external calibration requirement based on enrolled metrology equipment/tools.
- Documents calibration procedures and dry lab metrology procedures and updates them when necessary
- Conduct Accuracy Test, Tool Matching and Correlation of Metrology Tools
- Supervises metrology support and/or technicians working inside QA Dry Laboratory
- Drives assigned metrics by publishing reports to the Quality Assurance Manager and/or Stakeholders regularly and generates action plans to support quality metrics as defined by the Quality Assurance Manager;
- Complies at all times the Environment, Health and Safety and Manufacturing Quality standards, rules and regulations
- Performs other related tasks that may be assigned to support departmental goal
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- BS degree in chemical engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 2-year experience in laboratory services or similar position. Background on Plating process and/or process with furnace is a plus
- Knowledgeable in 8D, QC tools and other problem-solving tools
- Good communication skills
- Must have experience in working with cross functional teams
- Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner.
- Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability
- Proficient in MS Office Applications
Your safety is our number one priority at Maxeon. All our employees must complete regular workplace safety training and comply with our mandatory safety standards.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is Maxeon’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. Maxeon will not tolerate unlawful discrimination against any applicant or employee because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, age, religion, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by national, local, state or federal laws or regulations.
To apply for this job please visit careers.maxeon.com.