At Microchip, we work every day to innovate and develop products that solve our customers’ technology challenges. Our team of more than 20,000 people worldwide is dedicated to delivering on the promise of working together to improve lives.
Learn about our guiding values that are the building blocks and foundation of our culture and discover how we make a positive impact in the communities in which we operate. We believe our culture fosters trust, collaboration and belonging.
Our people serve the industrial, computing, automotive, communications, aerospace and defense, and consumer market segments. As part of our global team, you can build technology solutions in our six growth areas – 5G, data centers, autonomous driving, the Internet of Things, electric vehicles, and artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Around the world, we are committed every day to recruiting, retaining and promoting people in our diverse workforce. Your perspective, passion and ingenuity will contribute to achieving more as we fulfill our mission as a leading provider of smart, connected and secure embedded control solutions.
Join our community of exceptional people doing incredible things.
- Coordinate efforts with the different department managers to balance tactical decisions against strategic goals while aggressively pursuing continuous improvement projects for equipment engineering
- Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement
- Tracks, analyzes and improves key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc . Use department metrics to manage performance and prioritize project focus.
- Assists with planning and implementing plant improvements and expansions
- Monitors operation of plant equipment and systems
- Ensures that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Communicates regularly with all maintenance technicians and engineers, both individually and as a group, to ensure good two-way communication concerning maintenance issues.
- Participate in objective setting, plan development and performance review of plant performance.
- Forecast and budget for department expenses
- Spares inventory management
- Accountable to achieve area goals for safety, cost , quality, tool and OEE
- Drive and develop continuous improvement projects on all equipment engineering areas
- Responsible for all aspects of hiring and scheduling to meet customer requirements.
- Provide development opportunities and mentoring to staff.
- Accountability for all aspects of safety and HR/operations & policy compliance
- Must have knowledges the elements of OEE and a TPM Practitioner
- Strong background in line maintenance, equipment engineering, tools and system systems
- Familiar with different equipment performance indices.
- Results oriented, consistently hit goals and objectives both internally and externally
- Able to manage and measure work and can clearly assign responsibilities for tasks, sets clear objectives, measures progress/results, and holds team accountable to results
- Can developing people, invests the time and effort and has a genuine drive/interest to develop others.
- Able to provide creative, “out of the box “ thinking in dealing with problems and driving solutions, ensuring alignment with customer needs.
- Can communicate effectively an open, candid manner.
- Able to address issues head-on, can provide timely, direct, and actionable feedback/input to teams.
- Has the ability to influence others, develop commitment and passion in others to accomplish goals.
- Has a solid understanding of how organizations work and is able to get things done through formal and informal channels.
- BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of Fifteen (15) years of experience in line maintenance or equipment engineering with 2-3 years of experience in Final Test Operations
Travel Time: 0% – 25%
To apply for this job please visit wd5.myworkdaysite.com.