About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Has day-to-day management responsibilities for a small team. Responsible for the assignment of work to the Financial Reporting team in the Client Accounting area. Conducts performance management and career development processes. Possesses the leadership and organizational skills required to prioritize assignments and provide feedback to staff. Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions.
The Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Organizes the work of the team, assigns tasks, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work
- Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions
- Provides input and support to budget management process
- Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact
- May have direct interaction with committees and/or Senior Management
- Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees
- May manage daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees (but not a formal management role)
- More technically sound in area of expertise and has broader knowledge of other areas
- Delivers a work product that requires less revision
- Able to facilitate discussions and reach decisions
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- A College or University degree and/or some relevant work experience is required.
- Leadership and organizational skills are needed to prioritize assignments and provide feedback to staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Functional / Industry Knowledge is required
- Analytical and problem-solving skills are required
- Preferred Technical skills are required
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at [email protected].
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
To apply for this job please visit careers.northerntrust.com.