Littelfuse is one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Companies (Forbes) and has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois (Best Companies Group) for 11 consecutive years. With its global headquarters in Chicago, Illinois, USA, Littelfuse is a leading, global manufacturer of electronic components serving more than 100,000 end customers across industrial, transportation, and electronics end markets. We have more than 17,000 employees with operations in 15 countries. From semiconductors to sensors… switches to fuses and more… we produce billions of electronic components that help our customers empower a sustainable, connected, and safer world. In 2021, Littelfuse had net sales of $2.1 billion.
Sr. Sputtering Engineer II
Independently designs, develops, modifies and evaluates standard techniques, procedures and criteria to direct a project or several small projects with complex features or detailed phases of a large project. Oversees all aspects of project to ensure completion within expected parameters and time frame. Communicates results to management via written reports and oral presentations. Analyzes equipment to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluates results.
About the job:
- Responsible for Sputter Coating Design for different product families. Close collaboration within the global
- Engineering team and with global Operation sites for defining performance requirements, verification within trials and transfer validated designs to Operations. Develops and adapts existing processes for optimum performance and reduction of variance. Analyzes data and identifies opportunities for yield or general improvements. Acts as Sputtering expert, aids Trouble-shoot and leads implementation for new sputter coatings and related processes.
- Develops new process capabilities or introduces new materials as required within development projects.
- Independently designs, develops, modifies and evaluates standard techniques, procedures and criteria to direct a project or several small projects with complex features or detailed phases of a large project. (35%)
- Analyzes equipment to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluates results. (30%)
- Determine root cause analysis and testing activities to successfully meet requirements of project. (25%)
- Responsible for planning, implementing and managing compliance of manufacturing and production processes with internal and external safety, quality and regulatory standards requirements. (10%)
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree or PhD in Physics, Material Science or related
- Minimum Five years of experience in Thin Film or Semiconductor Industry or with Sputter deposition equipment
- Working experience in a hands-on engineering role supported by fundamental physical background knowledge is required
- In depth know of Sputter System and Vacuum technology
- Knowledge of other coating technologies is a plus (Thermal Spray, Plating)
- Willingness to learn and run all processes and equipment in order to provide background necessary to train other personnel, resolve problems, and develop new capabilities.
- Ability to run and understand the output of an RGA / Leak Detection systems to support monitoring and trouble-shooting of vacuum systems
- Material Science and Characterization expertise, understanding of test techniques to facilitate problem solving
- Experience with SPC, MSA, 8D, 5S, Lean, 6 Sigma, MiniTab, Jmp, or FMEA topics a plus
- Deep knowledge of engineering practices
- Advanced knowledge in MS Office
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- High attention to detail
Littelfuse strives to empower associate growth and development in a culture of ongoing collaboration and respect for diverse global perspectives and expertise. Our Core Values – Customer Focus, Integrity, Innovation, Teamwork, and Results Driven – support us on our mission to improve the safety, reliability, efficiency, and performance of our customers’ products and systems.
We are an equal opportunity employer that takes pride in giving every associate the means and courage to make a difference – everywhere, every day.
We offer a competitive salary package and a variety of benefits, including Medical, Life, Disability, and Retirement benefits as well as development opportunities like internal Lean Six Sigma Certification.
To apply for this job please visit littelfuse.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.